1. Sit or lie down comfortably with your eyes closed. Whichever posture you choose, make sure that you feel comfortable and that nothing is preventing the energy to flow easily through your whole body.
2. Take a few deep breaths, progressively feeling your breath expanding through your whole body. Allow your awareness to be on your breath and gently bring it back to your breath each time you feel that it has gone away or that you are into ‘thinking’.
3. Once you are centered into breathing and you start having a sense of ease and peace, imagine, visualize and feel roots growing at the bottom of your spinal cord, going very deep, giving you energy and helping you feel grounded; this is your root chakra. Take the time to also feel your feet and your legs as part of that connection with the earth as they are the ones carrying you all day long.
4. Then, take the time to follow the energy up through your sexual chakra, your solar plexus, your heart chakra, your throat chakra, your third eye, and your crown chakra at the top of your head. Pause at each chakra, breathing through the area, allowing yourself to see whichever image, color, movement might be associated with it, and allowing yourself to feel/see/imagine it being transformed as you move through the next chakra.
5. Feel the energy and the Light also coming through the top of your head (crown chakra) and going down your body.
6. Continue to follow the energy going up and down your body, maybe pausing in the area that seems more prominent that day or requiring more attention, always remembering that it is connected with other areas in your body. If you wish, you can support your meditation by a simple mantra: “I am now choosing alignment” (or “I am now choosing to align with my Higher Self” or whatever feels right to you).
7. When you feel that the process is complete, take the time to connect with how you feel in your body. Don’t go into any story, really allow yourself to be in the experience. And then open your eyes.